It is Time for Bled!
The decision of a great majority of the delegates of the International Rowing Federation to hold the 2011 World Rowing Championships at Bled was to us both a source of joy and pride. With the trust shown also came a great responsibility. The expectations of the rowing and local public are great. We are aware of the complexity of the challenges in balancing the demands and interests of the execution of the Championships, however, we are determined to set a new milestone in the organization of large competitions in the sport of rowing.
We are pleased that this event has been supported by the national administration, the Olympic Committee and the local community. This gives us the incentive and the energy to carry out the event at a top level. The OC has set daring goals from the very start:
- an outstanding execution of the Championships in a competitive and social sense
- supporting the development of the sport of rowing in the narrow and broader environment
- the Championships should be an added value for the inhabitants of the local communities
- the infrastructure built and the knowledge gained should become a foundation for the development of sport tourism in the region
- an environment-friendly approach of the organisation and execution of the Championships
- the promotion of Bled and the region as a complete sport and tourist destination Human and other resources needed for realization are identified and structured, only the operational execution is needed.
The focus will be on people: the competitors, volunteers, spectators, visitors, locals. We wish to create for all excellent conditions for competing and socialising, and for an excellent stay in the beautiful Bled surroundings.
We are expecting many participants, since many countries will be using the opportunity to qualify for participation in the 2012 Olympics in London.
Under special conditions we will invite rowers from developing countries and see to the integration of the disabled in the competitive and social aspects. We will gain from the knowledge of the values of managing diversity.
The checkpoint will be the 2010 World Cup.
With the aid of TV broadcasts and Internet technology we will enable every citizen of the world to follow the happenings of this great rowing event wherever and whenever.
We invite you personally and all others to come to Bled as a competitor, volunteer or spectator. In addition to the competitive part we will also prepare for you a very diverse accompanying program. We wish and hope that after the conclusion of the event you will go home more than satisfied and will continue to return.
With kind regards
President of Organizing Committee
I feel rowing in Slovenia.